Wildlife Feedback Request

Death

• Staff

We've spent countless hours balancing wildlife but we're still noticing an abundance of hostile mobs in snow and desert biomes. We would like your feedback on a few key points we will provide below. Information provided will better assist us with improving wildlife's population and regeneration.

Keys

Are there too many hostile mobs (Bears and wolves.)?
Are there enough non-hostile mobs(Boars, horses, and chickens.)?
Are these mobs easy to ward off or in most cases easy to kill?

Bears are not that bad. Its the wolves. They just magically spawn out of nowhere and usually don't start making sounds til they are on you. 

I see more boars than horses and chickens which is alright, but a somewhat equal variety would be nice.  

So I for one would like more no-hostile wildlife and a bit dumbed down on the hostile part ("makes it a bit easier for people just starting off versus us already geared for it. And in most cases the mobs are easy to kill off.

Feel like I post too much already, but I like talking and I tend to be opinionated xD

• Like 1

• Staff
17 minutes ago, Billy Madison said:

No problem. Its just something I pay attention to when I'm out grinding for resources and when I got to kill for food. Could just say blow the map up with chickens like you did my base haha but that'd be overkill.

Everyone needs a good cocking from time to time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, V0nyx said:

remove bears and wolves, that's my opinion if it's possible?

But bears give the best compared to other animals. Just decreasing population would be a better alternative over removing entirely. Besides the bears have a tendency to save the day by accident. I can't count how many times I'd hear a wolf and then I'd go out to kill it and see that a bear destroyed the wolf for me. Removing entirely would make hunting for food, leather, cloth, etc a pain to gain. 

• Like 1

For the animal spawn after the force wipe. Bears to today seen 2. wolfs 1, deers and horses are mostly seen. I would prefer more animals on the server because without danger or the feel of danger it is just not pve it is more pv?. The cold does not kill us or the hot temperature. Bears give the best resources and are easy to kill even with a bow (5 min in game for crafting). The wolfs are problematic. Fast and hard to hit and on top they are stealthie and little. I would prefer more bears, boars and deers with less wolf population.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:02 AM, soferus245 said:

For the animal spawn after the force wipe. Bears to today seen 2. wolfs 1, deers and horses are mostly seen. I would prefer more animals on the server because without danger or the feel of danger it is just not pve it is more pv?. The cold does not kill us or the hot temperature. Bears give the best resources and are easy to kill even with a bow (5 min in game for crafting). The wolfs are problematic. Fast and hard to hit and on top they are stealthie and little. I would prefer more bears, boars and deers with less wolf population.

I agree with you. And sunday i think i literally seen only 1 bear and a couple horse and a few boar. wolves i dont see much in my area which is fine but I agree with more bears, boars and deer. Its kind of hard to accumulate low grade unless your hunting for components and see them in barrels.

• Death unpinned this topic