Another Small Base Design

Dirty Harry

Small Base Design the is meant for a solo/duo clan.

Cost of this build: 

-All Together Cost: 8,353 Twig cost

24,850 Wood

32,320 Stone

12,917 Metal Fragments

25 High Quality Metal

120 Cloth

250 Low Grade Fuel

39 Ft of Rope

5 Sheet Metal

=====Build Details of each section of the Base=====

-Ground Level (Exterior):

On the outside of base there are 4 doors (two on north and south side of structure). 3 out of the four are just basic loot rooms equipped with salvaged shelves (4 boxes per shelving unit and 2 small chests. You can store whatever you'd like in those, but I wouldn't suggest anything of value like guns and such so keep that in mind if using this design. On the outside in between both stairways are campfires to either comfort, light the area or cook some food. And finally you'll notice I opted to use floor spikes. Not really effective, but some people are dumb enough to hit them for whatever reason so I used them on this build (not optional and can use whatever)

-First Floor:

When you first enter the building a go thru the airlocks there is a ladder (goes to 2nd level). Proceed though the airlock and you'll have your TC, 2 sleeping bags. There are 5 furnaces for all your smelting needs and two chests. The two chests I would use for basic stuff such as tools and all you ore that needs to be smelted for use. Also there is a research table for all your duplicating needs. Again as stated for exterior loot rooms I'd recommend not storing important goods other than ore and basic tools unless you are not a caring person if you get raiding.

-Second Floor:

This floor is the main area for players and what not. It has two sleeping bags and a repair bench to repair your broken shit :). Also there are 5 large chests for storage. There you can store all your goods such as guns, ammo, gear and whatever you consider important.

******Notes*****

It is not the greatest of bases, but it works and for a small group of 2 or just solo its ideal. There is a third floor, but it is technically not a room of any sort. All it is, is something the raiders would think is a room, but in reality is filled with live turrets to ruin anyone who dares raid's day. There also barricades all over the roofing to slow down the chances of raiding from above. And lastly on the outside above each doorway/airlock are turrets to fend off unwanted visitors. Again this isn't the best base, but it is a good starter one to build up your stuff to go build the real deal. And if it is a design you'd like to try I wouldn't suggest doing it identical seeing as everyone has seen it so mix it up and your own little twist with it.  And not for the pictures.

20170727091136_1.jpg

20170727091524_1.jpg

20170727093552_1.jpg

20170727093601_1.jpg

20170727094616_1.jpg

20170727095108_1.jpg

20170727095203_1.jpg

20170727095636_1.jpg

20170727095646_1.jpg

20170727100109_1.jpg

• Like 3

One thing I was watching used a box or stone box (the thing that looks like a metal container with stones in it, not a barricade_ for getting into your base.  People can't use the steps for cover that way if you need to shoot out the door at them.  I not good at base building - but this looks pretty good!

3 minutes ago, Ziva said:

One thing I was watching used a box or stone box (the thing that looks like a metal container with stones in it, not a barricade_ for getting into your base.  People can't use the steps for cover that way if you need to shoot out the door at them.  I not good at base building - but this looks pretty good!

Thanks. It's not meant to be unraidable it's just simple starter base to help players build up as much as they need to build a building of desire. All foundations are sheet metal and floors as well to put up a fight And the walls are stone, but still take 2 C4 to destroy and since it's a slight honeycomb it'll take a little bit yo blow thru the side to get to the center of the base. I have more than enough ideas to design. Would like to build them in-game, but farming just to design is something I'd rather not waste time on especially if I don't plan on actually using them. I have more "private" designs I'd use for myself.

I'm picturing Dirty coming up the back side and using the lip to block the turrets on top, twigging up one floor and through three walls and in.  It will not slow someone like Dirty down.  Honestly the state of bases in Rust is they will quickly fall to an offline raider who knows what they are doing.  It seems for smaller players lots of out the way bases with loot scatter across them all might be a better strategy than all your eggs in one basket.  You will lose some, but it will grind through offline raiders resources more, and given they are small they will not waste resources for what may or may not be worth it.  But I could be reading the state of offline raiding wrong.  Unless you can actively defend 24 by 7 no base is safe for long.  The bigger the base, the more you try to secure it, the higher the odds some bigger fish will come visit when you are not home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mspeedie said:

I'm picturing Dirty coming up the back side and using the lip to block the turrets on top, twigging up one floor and through three walls and in.  It will not slow someone like Dirty down.  Honestly the state of bases in Rust is they will quickly fall to an offline raider who knows what they are doing.  It seems for smaller players lots of out the way bases with loot scatter across them all might be a better strategy than all your eggs in one basket.  You will lose some, but it will grind through offline raiders resources more, and given they are small they will not waste resources for what may or may not be worth it.  But I could be reading the state of offline raiding wrong.  Unless you can actively defend 24 by 7 no base is safe for long.  The bigger the base, the more you try to secure it, the higher the odds some bigger fish will come visit when you are not home.

You're right and I'm Not a skilled raider. I just find the flaws and exploit them. And location is key and size is key. Our bases have been untouched for well over a week. Even of someone finds them. Pissing away resources is going to happen. And bigger the base bigger the target is true. Thus why it's important to use dummy chests and have a secure loot room which for a loot room is honestly double stack. I have a design I found that was unfinished for the most part I added my own twist to I'll make soon and post