Infinity nodes

bleaumeani

Noticed last night that there were mining nodes that would never "chip" all the way down.  I found these primarily in mines and bounced back and forth from stone to the metal ore nodes, the sulfers were fine but with this going on that meant no joy for getting hiqual ore.  Mine nodes in the open world seemed fine.  Also others commented about ifinite cactus flesh drops.  And lastly one of quarries was mining already processed metal frags? and stopped pulling out hiqual ore.  Just thought i'd give a heads up.

• Like 1

• Staff

The infinite nodes may be due to the new mini game system and the infinite cactus drops sound alerming but sadly this is all game related and I have no control over this. Commenting on quarries, this has been much of a discussion recently and the only explanation I can possibly provide is that quarries lose its richness over time so you cannot keep using the same one. This is just a wild thought.

47 minutes ago, Death said:

The infinite nodes may be due to the new mini game system and the infinite cactus drops sound alerming but sadly this is all game related and I have no control over this. Commenting on quarries, this has been much of a discussion recently and the only explanation I can possibly provide is that quarries lose its richness over time so you cannot keep using the same one. This is just a wild thought.

that part i kinda figured on the quarry, but metal frags, never seen it before, not the ore, actual fragments

On 7/28/2017 at 7:55 AM, Death said:

Wild thought yes, but doing it would make things a little more interesting my good man. Sucks you can't fix it though since it's game related. See what you can do. I actually wouldn't mind it.

I suspect in the patch this Thursday we will see some fixes relate to "features" added to the node mini-games.

Anyone one else get madden by the hot spot getting blocked by terrain?  Hopefully they will fix it so it checks for mesh collisions and moves it when it is hidden.

• Like 2

Yes or when the hot spot is buried inside the node when it shouldn't be.

Saw the whole quarries running out of resourcs except stone.  Wasn't sure the run time - found a new location last night to get some more HQM ore.

I find if I find a section of double road I can farm more hqm through recycling that I can running after air drops or running a quarry.  It is tedious, but efficient.  Once you have your two stacks of handy components I grind hqm and fragments.  But I cheat and get a recycler placed right where I am farming.  I will try to find a spot like that post wipe and set up road houses to share the repair bench, research station, water collector and refinery.