Feedback & Suggestions

Death

To let the flares stack over 5 like components (yeah Ik they arent a component), good source of GP and will use less space. Also increase their recycle speed from 1 by 1 to recycle the full stack that we deposit in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Love the server so far. My thoughts so far.

1. I understand having everything locked to the group, but is possible to change that for things like the drop box and mailbox? It makes them pointless as no one can open in not in your group. even things like the grill. I always have 1 by my stores for travelers, but they can't use it.

2. I agree with @Shadewolfe that the night seems short.

3. And it would be nice if the swords could stack like the rest of the hand tools and weapons.

@Beh I second this. The stack size of 5 makes no sense. Also maybe allow wetsuits to stack as well, if possible.

@CowboyRob99 I agree that it should be default for those, but you can always use /share for that

I'd really like the Salvaged Hammer remover tool to give back some of the material cost of buildings

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, SCE_Wraith said:

Nights currently feel too short to me.  Currently you get a few minutes of pitch black during each transitions and a few minutes of night sky in between.  I'm told the duration of night is just five (5) minutes.  That seems pretty trivial for a zombie server.  At dusk I can go down stairs, get a soda, grab a snack, and use the restroom, and then get back to my computer just in time for dawn to have passed.  Why have a day/night cycle at all at that point?

I mean, if you're safe, so you can do downstairs, grab a pop and a snack, use the facilities, and then get back to your computer so you can continue having fun? Five minutes is a long time if you're not safe / being chased.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:35 AM, Knave of Hearts said:

I mean, if you're safe, so you can do downstairs, grab a pop and a snack, use the facilities, and then get back to your computer so you can continue having fun? Five minutes is a long time if you're not safe / being chased.

And that's usually what I do at night if I'm safe.  But if this is a zombie server, shouldn't night be a little more than a short restroom break?  Having been swarmed by zombies at night, I agree that 5 minutes can feel like a hell of a long time.  But if you are safe it's 5 minutes of "why bother?"  I'd like to see this server with at least the same day/night cycle as the other RustEZ servers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:06 AM, Beh said:

To let the flares stack over 5 like components (yeah Ik they arent a component), good source of GP and will use less space. Also increase their recycle speed from 1 by 1 to recycle the full stack that we deposit in.

That is a great suggestion. I would love to see the stack size upped for this item!

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few fun ideas.  Don't know how hard they'd be to implement as I have no idea about coding for actions.  And lord knows Death spends weeks every month fixing stuff so it still works after each "Update" but thought one or more might really make zombies more exiting, not necessarily much more difficult, just more fun

1. Something fun may be to add a random chance (maybe 10-20%) that the zombie will simply stand back up and attack so you have to kill them again?  Itll scare the heck out of people if they aren't paying attention 😱😝.

2. Also if they spawn more often by player homes just like monuments which'll make it more interesting when trying to build?  Maybe link it do distance from tool cupboards?

3. How about if the zombies had very small amounts of radiation so if you get swarmed u also have that to worry about?

4. Undead Dogs? (can add glowy eyes to wolf one?) Have them roam in packs?

5. Possibly a timer in that the longer a zombie is active, the stronger its stats (base + x per day not killed) so if you are out in the far reaches of the map you may encounter a much stronger one.  Or even just make them all progressively stronger as the month goes on (at beginning base each week add 10-20% to stats (so either half or just less than double the strength by the end before the wipe.

6. Also a small chance to spawn a zombie when destroying barrels/opening crates

7. .....even more fun a random chance to spawn a zombie in your base once larger than a certain size or when u have lvl 2 or higher bench (which would imply you have better gear to survive finding one in your base all of a sudden)?

8.   Soldier zombies - 2x as strong or even 3x but have better loot table (like military boxes vs basic wooden ones when u open them) - keep them by large monuments, HQM mine, basically areas youd frequent more as you have at least some gear?

and one non zombie issue, you have stocking on the site to buy, and lord knows ive gotten enough from free gifts but they have never, ever given me anything inside them.  Is that a glitch or am I just not using them properly when i hang them above stone fireplace.

Also a question, is the level of loot linked to the level of bench you have?  i always seem to get better loot towards the end of a wipe from basic crates/drops once ive built my lvl 3 one.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, nautilus1104 said:

and one non zombie issue, you have stocking on the site to buy, and lord knows ive gotten enough from free gifts but they have never, ever given me anything inside them.  Is that a glitch or am I just not using them properly when i hang them above stone fireplace.

Pretty sure those just straight don't work if it's not winter holiday season

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, Aurora said:

I would like to suggest longer night cycles for the last 5 days of October on the US Scourge server.

Because, spooky stuff is better in the dark.

I would like to second this notion, maybe even an entire week?, flipped cycles of short days and long nights. This is a great idea.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Suggestion #1: Remove the need to have to friend and give everyone access to your stuff to be able to TP. Removing this would have zero real negative impact on gameplay. I really appreciate the raised limit, which was very much needed, but I do not believe putting a mini inconvenience barrier is an effective way to make things harder, assuming that was the intention. I don't have any alternatives as the only features that I can see being changed are the cooldown, requirement of friendship, limit, and price. Changing either of these, aside from what's suggested here, will most likely be too much. Although, slightly raising the price might be good if alternate (and somewhat effective) methods of making caps were implemented. Perhaps I missed the real reason this requirement exists, so apologies if I'm jumping the gun here. 

Suggestion #2: Lower the trade cooldown. A cooldown between trades as long as 5 minutes hardly makes anything harder. This is another inconvenience barrier. Maybe the goal was to disallow players from just sending items across the map back and forth, somewhat keeping the aspect of distance and threat of travel between cooldowns? I can understand that, but I find that players choose to just sit and wait it out unless the people wanting to trade are a few grid squares apart. There's not any danger between a few grid squares. Maybe 1min would be more reasonable?

Those are my two suggestions. Not super important as both as mere inconveniences rather than game-breaking issues, but I honestly believe that these are good changes. Unnecessary inconvenience is just.. well.. inconvenient. Hopefully I don't come off as too blunt here; I am just a rather blunt person. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Staff

@Corcustos

1) The friend requirement for friend TP is to prevent abuse by spamming requests. Also, I stand against "give everyone access to your stuff" because it just doesn't make sense to WANT everyone to have access to your stuff. The system we have now will likely never change.

2) The trade cooldown as-is is too short and will eventually be increased. The idea isn't to create an inconvenience, since -- after all, it's in of itself a convenient feature. The cooldown, however, is designed to limit the use (obviously) and prevent abuse. This isn't intended for players to trade out of their base non-stop. That's what shops are for.

• Love 1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:37 AM, Death said:

@Corcustos

1) The friend requirement for friend TP is to prevent abuse by spamming requests. Also, I stand against "give everyone access to your stuff" because it just doesn't make sense to WANT everyone to have access to your stuff. The system we have now will likely never change.

2) The trade cooldown as-is is too short and will eventually be increased. The idea isn't to create an inconvenience, since -- after all, it's in of itself a convenient feature. The cooldown, however, is designed to limit the use (obviously) and prevent abuse. This isn't intended for players to trade out of their base non-stop. That's what shops are for.

@Death

#1. What I meant was in order to teleport we have to temporarily give people access to our stuff. If we simply want to teleport to someone but not have them be able to access our stuff, we have to constantly add, teleport, remove, add, teleport, remove, which is completely unnecessary. By request spam are you referring to repeatedly sending requests or constantly teleporting across the map ignoring the land inbetween that you would normally have to traverse? In regards to the first, repeatedly sending requests is violating a rule in itself, and I feel that it would be more beneficial to put more trust in both the players and staff to handle instances like this so the server is rid of the pointless inconvenience of friending-to-TP. Additionally, I think I can already spam requests as long as I haven't actually teleported(might be wrong). If the second is the case, I completely understand, but it is still pretty redundant as people will teleport anyway instead of traveling, still ignoring the land inbetween, given that the distance isn't that far. 

#2. If you really plan on increasing it, maybe solution I should be suggesting isn't to decrease the cooldown. The main issue that I see people having is that people trading you affects your cooldown. For example, if someone wanted to borrow something or wanted someone else to craft something for them, they'd either have to give the player access, go through that absolutely horrible ever-changing list of friends, add them, teleport, and then teleport home wasting caps, or they would have to wait the timer(apparently getting larger) to get their items back despite their intentions being of good nature. Traveling is always an option, but as mentioned before, that option is usually ignored due to teleporting being a thing to begin with. Perhaps the better solution is to prevent people trading with you affecting your cooldown, that way you can't trade willy-nilly, which is the issue you're trying to avoid from what I understand, but can still trade back people who you let borrow items/etc.

Convenience features can have inconveniences within them. This is why I made these two suggestions, because I feel that there are unnecessary conveniences within these two convenience features. Yes, I'm really glad we can even teleport and trade in the first place. Sure, it could be a lot worse. Yeah, they aren't really that huge of issues. They are so little in-fact that I'm the only one who decided to make a post about it after all this time. Either way, I think just these small tweaks would make these features both hassle-free and still accomplish what you want.

• Like 1

• Staff

@Corcustos

1) The TP system is for friends so why would you TP someone into your base in the first place? That will not change. Using this system outside of teleporting friends is technically abuse. I will not cater to making it easier.
2) Trading would not exist without the implementation of the trading plugin. Waiting for a cooldown beats not having it all.

Scourge is not meant to be easy which is why these changes are coming to rebalance the economy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Death said:

@Corcustos

1) The TP system is for friends so why would you TP someone into your base in the first place? That will not change. Using this system outside of teleporting friends is technically abuse. I will not cater to making it easier.
2) Trading would not exist without the implementation of the trading plugin. Waiting for a cooldown beats not having it all.

Scourge is not meant to be easy which is why these changes are coming to rebalance the economy.

Understandable. 😶

• Like 1

I'll preface this by saying that I don't trade enough to care about trade CD in the least...

But maybe the trades should be more inconvenient. I don't think the CD is enough, honestly. The way things are set up now, the vending machine prices are basically used as bargaining chips for /trade requests of those items instead of people actually using the vending machines. "The store at R16 has xxxxx on sale for this much, you should beat that price" kind of thing. Why bother setting up a shop at that point if people are just going to be constantly undercutting your price because of the convenience of /trade?

Any thoughts of implementing a cap cost as well? Similar to revives in the more you do over x amount of time, the more caps it costs you?

I think the /friend TP thing seems to be used more to TP to some random who is close to where you want to be instead of having to walk across the map (which I think should have more of a cost as well, but whatever). I've done it myself to help people, and have definitely taken a look at what they had on them in the time between their TP and waking up from their TP, which is what came to mind with Corcustos' response. If that's what you're worried about, I believe you can remove them as a friend after the TP was accepted and it'll still let you TP. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there. I honestly have never had so much fun on a Rust server! My anxiety while playing this game had gone down COMPLETELY. Thank you for it existing!
I am not sure if some of these suggestions are already implemented or not but here I go!

-More animal spawns
 -bears in wooded and frozen areas.
 -stags/deer in woodland areas
 -boars in wooded areas
-Horses added to server?
-Ridable Horses?

I love you, bye!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Staff

@rem437 I'm still actively working on balancing out the cost over efficiency for teleporting so just bear with me.

@Andipoo Only hostile animals spawn on Scourge currently which are wolves, bears, and boars. The overall animal population is pretty high if only the zombies would stop eating them! I'm working on a solution for this and eventually, zombies and animals will be at peace with each other! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have another suggestion! I am not sure if this one can be altered / fixed, however.
On regular servers it seems that pumpkins ripen in about 1-2 hours and stay ripe for about 10 hours?
Sometimes I wake up and it's been 11-13 hours and I have to cut out all the rotten pumpkins from my growth boxes.
Is there any way the time for pumpkins or other crops to stay ripe can be extended so farmers won't have this problem anymore?
It's an unfortunate waste of seeds and time. >_<

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Death said:

@Andipoo Are you planting in soil or in planters?

Planters

Also:
In your opinion how well is community management? The rules for heli or any other big NPC is that if you shoot it, you share, correct?
What if you are speaking in chat and state you are doing heli and you ask if anyone wants to join in so everyone can share and someone takes the heli after you have stated you want to do it / share it with others?
Should there be more community guidelines on how people act? What do we do if someone is extremely rude about it?

Edited by Andipoo
adding another question