Feedback & Suggestions

Death

- Brute zombies: Have higher HP, wear 1-2 pieces of armor, and carry a melee weapon. Tend to hang out near monuments, and are usually accompanied by a small-medium group of commons. 

- Roaming Hoards: Large groups of common zombies usually migrating from monument to monument. Few Brutes mixed in

- Rule Addition: Looting air drops, and leaving behind useless items is against the rules. Could be worded different, and would be impossible to see who actually looted it, but might deter some of the issue. 

• Like 1

This is my third wipe on the server but up till now I have remained very remote and silent. Personally I love things the way they are for the most part and I have played on several other zombie/PVE servers so I have something to compare the experience too. The zombie population is a hard one. For early wipe it seems just right but after a few days it is a bit low. Also the toughness of the zombies is pretty well balanced if maybe a tad light towards the end of a wipe as well but the lag when there are multiples or another player near by still makes an encounter with 2 or more zombies at a time a hair raising experience. Drops on some boxes seems a tad light to me but is made up for in spades by the personal drops and the mass drops everyone gets.

Generally speaking I applaud the efforts that have gone into the server and hope you keep up the excellent work.

Maybe increase the maintenance costs on bases. Seems many areas get far too crowded and laggy from all the abandoned buildings about with large stick structures appearing over night getting in the way of things. Nothing is more frustrating than to waiting for my computer to catch up to all the new buildings in an area and to be jumped by zombies while basically immobile.

Please please please please make fishing poles research -able/craft=able or allow the /makepole command while holding a spear. The drop rate on poles off the zombies is waaaay too low for my fishing addiction. I wouldn't even care if you felt you had to reduce the box and crate rate to compensate if it meant I could get a pole any time I wanted one. As it is now I am going through withdrawals and am looking for a addicted Fisherman Anonymous group to join. Even allowing poles to be repairable would help a ton.

So Fishing poles and more zombies after the third or fourth day are my only suggestions and praising you for your work is my top reason for posting here.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 1:18 AM, mr.boomer said:

yes just they break way to fast still i dont want them breaking on cargo when im 75% red

4 hours ago, MDK said:

I agree that The LR-300 Breaks super fast. Especially for a Rare-ish, None craftable Gun

LR-300 is objectively worse than AR anyway, without even accounting for durability.

Edited by IᶰSᶰᵒʷʸTᵉʳᵐˢJ

When I head out to get into trouble on our server I take 2 Lrs and a 249.   The LR just feels better then the AK.  Its easier to keep on target. and when the shit hits the Fan the 249 is the Firehose to clean up whatever mess the LR can't handle.  The LR is just easier to use. I just wish I didn't need to carry 2 or 3 of them Because they are made of paper mache. A none craftable gun shouldn't Fall apart that fast. 

Edited by MDK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow survivors,

I have recently joined this land, not long after the last forced wipe.

I want to say that I truly have fallen in love with it! Thank you for all your hard work!

Rather than fleeing for my life on other lands - (which is a buzz) this land affords me to pause and think through my actions within it.  I have met some very friendly and knowledgeable survivors that have helped and I have really enjoyed helping others get more from the Zombie apocalypse

I have also had time to learn most (if not all) the monument puzzles and I do enjoy the rush of being beset by zombies while farming or running a monument.

To be honest, I have been inspired with these lands, I have even gone back into digital art because of this - ( making rust / scourge themed sign-post art that I am looking forward to share)

So much so I decided to treat myself a belated xmas present with a VIP membership  - and I am truly enthralled by the experience - don't get me wrong I still dip my toe in other lands (have to keep the PVP skills up) but I find myself wanting to spend more time fighting the scourge, making friends with fellow survivors and really tackle the PVE experience.

I truly love the Role-Play aspect and potential, and believe me you are clearly doing most things right so please don't listen to nay-saying its a good mix, and a lot of friendly players - there will always be wants and desires it is with this you guys have the unenviable job of finding that balance.

I have some ideas myself, if you want to know more - please continue - if not move on to another post ;)

The last Days ( Before the Wipe )

Is there a way to continually increase the Zombie spawn rate within the last handful of days to perhaps a crescendo of continual spawn on the last few hours before the wipe?

perhaps all around a monument or role-play structure where fellow survivors can struggle their last few hours of existence against the unrelenting hoard trying to save themselves and each other?

Role-Play " public structures "

I would love to see (and help design some) simple public structures that offer an additional benefit to all survivors - weather that be hiding from Zombies or areas that people can meet up and trade in.   I was chatting away in-game about how I wanted to share my knowledge of the electrical system within the land of rust - able to show (display to ) fellow survivors how to build in-line charging and automatic battery kick in (UPS) systems including battery cascades, load attenuated circuits and some very clever traps that can both be employed within the Scourge environment and beyond.

I have so many ideas ( inspired by RustEZ Scourge ) that I can barely contain myself - so I will stop here ( for the moment )

Again a big thanks, you have made this fellow survivor very happy to be part of these lands

Z.

DigForVictory.jpg.635cd73ddef9d37190ebaf77b21e1939.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EU Scourge need more stuff to do.  We need goals. Some stuff to consider that my group enjoy:

Have an admin holding an heli events; calling multiple helis for us to kill. Vault event: an admind spawn a very difficult vault to break in needing lots of explosives, ammos, etc. for us to break in and gain loot. But mainly to break in and give us a reason to hoard ressources. Invasions of npc!

• 1 month later...

I personally would like it if there were events w/ PvP, not so much PvP monuments, but allow a certain area cordoned off during an event with an alert to all players that "Grid E4 is now PvP, all players must join /event to participate."  I wouldn't want traditional PvP, more of something like a Gladiator Arena where everyone only gets bows, a butcher knife, throwable only machetes, or any other weird weapons.  In addition, helicopter wars where players can do 2-man teams and last team flying wins.  Perhaps also if possible players that can become overpowered zombies vs regular players w/ guns.  I'm not sure if it is possible to make only a single grid PvP during a certain duration of time throughout an event, but if it is, there would be a lot more possibilities for events.  Another idea if single-grid PvP were on for a time would be to create a group of 3-4 teams, where each team is allocated a certain amount of resources, traps, guns, bullets, and bombs to play a kind of capture the flag in which each team makes its own "trap base castle" to secure their flag while raiding the other bases for their flag.  Whichever team comes out with the most flags wins.

With no-PvP period, I feel it somewhat limits what we can do in an event.  It wouldn't be like casual where PvP is on at all times at monuments, it would only be an event only type of deal.  I've talked with other players who do feel the same way and I'm sure if the community were asked, they would agree.  Any player can opt out of the PvP type events.  I'm also not saying to get rid of the non-PvP events.  I just think it would add a little more spice to the mix.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [FG] ROFLNATOR said:

I personally would like it if there were events w/ PvP.`

Keep an eye on the Announcements channel in Discord and in the forum thread. The RustEZ Casual server hosts some pretty fun PVP events and participants can usually claim any prizes on any RustEZ server. Much like Scourge events that we add to the Announcements, you don't have to be a "regular" on that server as admins usually provide the event gear and so on.  If I'm online I usually try to find some Scourge players to join me on Casual for the events. Always a good time! =D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Death said:

Could you expand on this? I don't quite understand.

Lets say i got AK1 on my bar, slot 1. 58% health
I got one in my backpack AK2, and I drag and drop it onto the position 1.
They don't swap location. They do nothing but go back to where they were (AK1 never moved, AK2 just goes back to starting position).

Edited by Warlord Ubba