Wipe rotation

[Mix]

So, i was thinking, everyone plays the EZ flavor of their choice right after wipe day, and lots of people move to another EZ flavor server (and/or other non EZ server) when they feel that they peek or cap out, mostly after a week after wipe (some at half week)

So i was thinking that it might be a good idea (for some i guess) to have a wipe rotation.

something kinda like this:

- First thursday of month: All servers wipe.
- Second thursday of month: Scourge Server Wipe
- Third Thursday of month: Casual Server Wipe
- Forth Thursday of month: Pure Server Wipe
- Survival Server only wipes on first thursday of month

This will create 4 types of wipe lengths:

- 1 and 3 weeks length
- 2 and 2 weeks length
- 3 and 1 week length
- full month legth

There are two objective for this:

- RustEZ Loyal and returning players will always have a fresh wipe available to rotate every week of the month and allowing them to try out the other RustEZ flavors.
- Wipes will bring new players to the RustEZ server 

So, there you go, hope you find this suggestion with some logic

Cheerio.

13 hours ago, MeowfulMint said:

We don't control the wipe schedules, we wipe when facepunch forces all servers to wipe. Having a shorter wipe cycle for certain servers would be unwise, seeing as players don't like even month-long wipe cycles.

Facepunch wipes are forced wipes, admins always have the option to wipe whenever they like to.

... also, might want to try and make a poll about it, ask the players what they actually think

Edited by [Mix]

7 hours ago, Death said:

I don't see us ever going to a different wipe schedule. Sure it'll bring new players but at what cost?

More importantly you should ask yourself why are you losing players after a week of a new wipe, compare if the players that stop playing are more than the players that stay, its not something only to EZ servers, all players in all servers behave like that, as soon as the leading players of a server emerge the rest will go and look for another server to start all over again with better odds, they only stay when they feel they can lead in the server... well thats my though, its just a suggestion tho.

Also consider.. in PVE people love building and stuff, having diferent wipe schedules will give them more hours of play and enjoyment... :D

Plus, you are not taking anything away from players, (remember at least a server will be full month, 2 servers will be 1 week/3 weeks and the other one will be 2 and 2), better yet, you are giving them more options.

cheerio.

Edited by [Mix]

Not all RustEZ players play on all servers. Some don't like the other ones and only play on 1 server, for example. This system would be punishing to them and also to those who don't have a lot of gameplay time as is.

And I know how wipes work, I've been playing Rust for a while. I know we can choose to wipe, I'm saying it would be a bad decision to do so for the reason I just stated. Punishing half the community for something that's the game's fault seems like a bad idea.

People stop playing because Rust in itself doesn't have enough content to maintain a solid playerbase for a full wipe cycle. The servers that have shorter wipe cycles tend to be mostly kids or adults that either don't have limiting schedules or have nothing else going on with their lives. Even servers with weekly wipes become dead within the last day of their wipe because people don't see a point in sticking around to be dicked over by the local 20-man/kid clan that's called the server home.

The fault is in the game, not with us. No matter what we do to the wipe schedule, we'll face the same issues and more than likely a big change like this would cut the community in half. This will be a problem until Facepunch gets their shit together and adds even more to the game to make it less pvp-cesspool oriented (removing raiding/pvp should NOT have as big as an impact on the game as it does IMO).

Their roadmap has, at the very end of it, them trying to have a means of having no wipes. So on top of all this, cutting the wipe cycle down further than what they have it set to will make that specific change all the more harder to adjust to.

It'd also be really confusing to explain to newcomers that we wipe in 1 week and then have 3 weeks we don't wipe. That sounds inconsistent and sloppy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeowfulMint said:

Not all RustEZ players play on all servers. Some don't like the other ones and only play on 1 server, for example. This system would be punishing to them and also to those who don't have a lot of gameplay time as is.

And I know how wipes work, I've been playing Rust for a while. I know we can choose to wipe, I'm saying it would be a bad decision to do so for the reason I just stated. Punishing half the community for something that's the game's fault seems like a bad idea.

People stop playing because Rust in itself doesn't have enough content to maintain a solid playerbase for a full wipe cycle. The servers that have shorter wipe cycles tend to be mostly kids or adults that either don't have limiting schedules or have nothing else going on with their lives. Even servers with weekly wipes become dead within the last day of their wipe because people don't see a point in sticking around to be dicked over by the local 20-man/kid clan that's called the server home.

The fault is in the game, not with us. No matter what we do to the wipe schedule, we'll face the same issues and more than likely a big change like this would cut the community in half. This will be a problem until Facepunch gets their shit together and adds even more to the game to make it less pvp-cesspool oriented (removing raiding/pvp should NOT have as big as an impact on the game as it does IMO).

Their roadmap has, at the very end of it, them trying to have a means of having no wipes. So on top of all this, cutting the wipe cycle down further than what they have it set to will make that specific change all the more harder to adjust to.

It'd also be really confusing to explain to newcomers that we wipe in 1 week and then have 3 weeks we don't wipe. That sounds inconsistent and sloppy.

got it