additions to store?

nautilus1104

Just wondering if you would consider adding jackhammers and chainsaws to the store.  I have daily airdrops from VIp and Ive still never gotten either and by the time I can buy them in game its the end of the month.  Preferably not too expensive but I would def be first in line to get one each month if affordable ($1 or $2)

Also, have u ever thought of having cheap, starter bundles either with VIP or separate (ie Tool bundle with jackhammers and chainsaws/build bundle with 10k stone-wood-metal frags-door openers).  yes we can grind for them in game but especially for PVP or zombie servers, you don't always have time to grind b4 getting stomped/swarmed so if you could drop $2 for some materials and have a base built quickly, might be attractive. Also good for if you have to start mid way thru a wipe, and you can get caught up a bit.

If it was possible to pay a fee to have our BP roll over thru a wipe (probably more like an admin keeps track of what BP we have then adds them back once we log in after wipe ).  More for casual players like myself.  Mostly because for me, I'm on a few hours a night  but don't get to unlocking the end game stuff till the last week before wipe and sometimes not even then (ie rocket launchers/good ammo/rifles) so if someone could pay a small fee, then have their BP roll over thru the wipe, then they could have the chance to actually go after brad or take down a chopper.  

Last but not least a "gag" gift so to speak.  When u buy gifts for everyone currently online having it give 25% or so something unexpected or underwhelming (1 piece of wood or 1 fish or 1 rock or 100 pickles or 100 t-shirts or 100 seeds or a poop emoji stuffed pet instead of a pookie - basically really low amount of useable stuff or loads of stuff most people will never/rarely use).

• Like 1

I have nothing to do with the site or the servers so this is a completely unbiased opinion...

All that stuff sounds like a LOT more work for the site/server owners for not much return.  You can get the scrap needed to buy the chainsaw or jackhammer with one or two quick scrap runs smashing barrels. 

As for the BP wipes, what would the point be of playing the game if you had everything and never had to start over?  Rust is supposed to be about surviving, not taking out heli's or brad, although that is a big and fun part of the game, especially on PVE servers.  We're still a couple days away from wipe, but I haven't been on Pure in over a week because it's gotten boring, and I don't have anywhere near everything BPed.

You may want to try a modded server that gives you more easily. 

• Like 2

I think we could do the Chainsaw and Jackhammer in the store on the cheap pretty easy.  The Chainsaw would have to come with some fuel though, otherwise you are effectively buying a paperweight.  Sadly a tank of fuel in a Chainsaw doesn't last long.  I have yet to see how long a fully charged Jackhammer lasts to have any idea how much value that would have before you are able to recharge it.

The store currently sells drop only weapons and in some servers like Scourge the friendly outposts aren't really all that friendly yet.  So I could see the merits of being able to buy the Chainsaw and Jackhammer.

The starter material package defeats the purpose of playing in PvE to me as without the PvP it is just a survival game.  Assuming I find a space I want my base right away, I can have a starter base up in less than an hour without help.  I usually take more time looking for the right spot on wipe day than actually getting my starter base up.

Being able to pay to keep BP's over a wipe isn't really possible.  When Facepunch forces wipes, sometimes they force the BP wipe.  This might not be true now, but it was true the last time I played regularly and was an Admin.  Even if FP doesn't force BP wipes anymore it would be a logistical nightmare to go in and pick and choose out of all the different player profiles who gets a paid pass on the BP wipe.  And that's assuming that is even remotely possible.  Every wipe even Admins have to relearn their BP's currently.

19 hours ago, SCE_Wraith said:

I think we could do the Chainsaw and Jackhammer in the store on the cheap pretty easy.  The Chainsaw would have to come with some fuel though, otherwise you are effectively buying a paperweight.  Sadly a tank of fuel in a Chainsaw doesn't last long.  I have yet to see how long a fully charged Jackhammer lasts to have any idea how much value that would have before you are able to recharge it.

The store currently sells drop only weapons and in some servers like Scourge the friendly outposts aren't really all that friendly yet.  So I could see the merits of being able to buy the Chainsaw and Jackhammer.

The starter material package defeats the purpose of playing in PvE to me as without the PvP it is just a survival game.  Assuming I find a space I want my base right away, I can have a starter base up in less than an hour without help.  I usually take more time looking for the right spot on wipe day than actually getting my starter base up.

Being able to pay to keep BP's over a wipe isn't really possible.  When Facepunch forces wipes, sometimes they force the BP wipe.  This might not be true now, but it was true the last time I played regularly and was an Admin.  Even if FP doesn't force BP wipes anymore it would be a logistical nightmare to go in and pick and choose out of all the different player profiles who gets a paid pass on the BP wipe.  And that's assuming that is even remotely possible.  Every wipe even Admins have to relearn their BP's currently.

I only play PVE or zombie servers from EZ.  The starter package was just an idea that I had more for PVP than anything.  Wasn't sure about the logistics for BPs or adding things to store just more some suggestions since some people would more than likely go for some of it and it would help with income for keeping the EZ servers going strong.  Thats all.  Wasn't meant as complaints or critiques of whats buyable.  

On 10/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, Clayton Bigsby said:

I have nothing to do with the site or the servers so this is a completely unbiased opinion...

All that stuff sounds like a LOT more work for the site/server owners for not much return.  You can get the scrap needed to buy the chainsaw or jackhammer with one or two quick scrap runs smashing barrels. 

As for the BP wipes, what would the point be of playing the game if you had everything and never had to start over?  Rust is supposed to be about surviving, not taking out heli's or brad, although that is a big and fun part of the game, especially on PVE servers.  We're still a couple days away from wipe, but I haven't been on Pure in over a week because it's gotten boring, and I don't have anywhere near everything BPed.

You may want to try a modded server that gives you more easily. 

The scrap amount varies by server and loot.  I noticed that on EZ PVE it was relatively high and it was quite high on the EZ zombie server but the loot tables were adjusted to expand them (really enjoy it getting food and random high end stuff) and since it is quite a bit lower.  Was just thinking that going after Brad or Heli would be fun once in a while.  Have had some great help from some of the others online for gearing up once or twice this year but 90% of the time cant touch either.  

I wonder if maybe an upcoming update or mod might add something in the middle so instead of scientists and animals (+zombies) being say at  30 % difficulty and then going to brad or chopper at 100%.  Something like a scientist in a jeep with a machine gun or that.  Still can kill you if you are not really careful but doesn't take such a huge amount of pounding and has loot accordingly.

Again, no complaints whatsover about the game or especially the EZ servers (Death and the other admins rock!), was just offering some ideas more than anything.

I think the idea behind the store is being able to purchase non craft-able items in game. In my experience here in the rustEZ community, i'm fairly certain Death wants to keep the playing experience as close to the original theme as possible. The community here is of the highest quality and giving the 'pay to win' ability to everyone defeats the latter. Having access to everything makes the game boring real fast in my opinion. The servers are economy driven for the most part, if you don't have it, than chances are you can buy it or trade somewhere in game. Kits are for vanilla PVP, no reason to have them in PVE. Just my 2 cents (1.75 for you Yanks).;)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of paying some small fee on the website to keep your BPs for an extra month (maximum of 2 months total). It would help out the casual players (like me) and give another source of revenue for server/website running costs etc. If you don't want to keep your BPs, then don't buy the extension. Win win :D