/ignore personal command

Fly

• Staff

heyja, i just got an suggestion to make.

mutes are an serious punishment. but i am in an spot right now i want to use an /ignore  for me personal to get rid of the chat of an single guy . so i dont need to read his chat.

ben isnt sure if its even possible but he said i should make an suggest in forum. i wanna chill on pure pve. not getting bothered and agressive of the name an single person wich insulted my mother a few days ago.  thanks for your time  :)

~Fly~

P.S. dont ask for the name please , theres no need all players know the specific player

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

People have different tolerance levels and don't often speak out. 

I have asked, several times, for clarifications on the rules for names for the server and haven't been given any, but we have some people with some fairly offensive names that I would much rather just ignore instead of making a stink about. 

It can be incidental as well as in the "32 CHARACTERS" name guy last week or two ago spamming constantly all the emote commands at once in chat so people couldn't even chat. There was no admin on (I think maybe a new admin was on, but with no ability to do anything?) 

If not, it isn't going to stop me from coming, it would just be nice is all :)

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate that in principal Death, but there are a lot of gray areas where something can be seen as very offensive to a small group of people without crossing a line, such as the I Bang Jewish Chicks person (or whatever their name was)

Not necessarily hatred or racism, but still offensive to many. 

I've seen a few player names/comments that have made me do a double take. If the admins feel something is not permitted, they will handle it. I'm from an older generation, so more than a few things are, in my view, too much. I do know though, one old lady's two cents is not really asked for in those situations. It's not my call.

While I sometimes would love to be able to ignore players for whatever reason, I feel it's important that we not have an ignore or mute feature.  I'd hate to see it end up as "If you don't like what they are saying/their username/etc, then ignore them.", with no other assistance being offered or given to players with troubles of that sort. I've seen it elsewhere. It's not a good thing.

The system as it is, works. While not everyone can be 100% happy, in the end, it's hard to achieve perfection. The admin always do their best and try to look out for us all. That makes me a happy player.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

I would like something like this added to the server.

There is a particular person on the server currently who is constantly spamming the chat and starting arguments with other players, this person I have already blocked and ignored everywhere available but I continue to see their messages in the chat. I just want to play the server for enjoyment but can't seem to when I am constantly bombarded with this person's messages, and it is causing me problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Id also like a feature to be able to mute a certain player,  problem is I think I must be the only player that finds this guy offensive/racist.   I dont think some of the language barriers help.   Certain phrases in the UK language are probably not understood correctly by non UK players.   And hence go under the radar.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As a former admin, if someone is being offensive to the point of being a bigoted racist piece of trash get them banned or at least muted as a warning.  Period.  RustEZ is not the place for that sort of behavior.

Now I will say I like the idea of a /ignore command as there are people that do not break the rules but can be found to be annoying to the point of not wanting to see their chat.  And I agree that everyone has their own levels of tolerance for such things.  I am glad to see that the command is coming down the pipeline as a stock feature.

Edited by SCE_Wraith
Grammar.