Feedback & Suggestions

Death

• Staff
5 hours ago, Ziva said:

There was talk about something to add fuel back to lights that were empty.  I think you said when there's a soft reboot or something the fuel may drop 1 - so if you took out all the fuel but 1 it would go to zero.  Not knowing that - we emptied a lot of lights to 1 and now we have groves of lights burned out.  Even if it was 3 fuel or something so it couldn't be exploited would be a help.

As a lesson's learned we will not be taking fuel out of the lights in the future!!

-Z

Still working on a solution.

1 hour ago, Mal_s said:

I did the campfire quest and it seemed to eat the campfire I had made.  I could have missed it in my bag.  you might want to test it.

It will "eat" the one you craft and then reward you with another.

1 hour ago, Mal_s said:

If we can sequence quest so they open up based on completion of others we could walk new players through the basics of:

chop wood

make a map

Drink (from a river)

find corn (by a river)

find pumpkin (by a river)

get some more wood

get some stone

make tools (axe and pick)

collect cloth

make an bow and arrows

.... etc.

It's generic atm as quests only have the option of cooldowns but I am working on solutions to allow chains and one time quests.

Hey I noticed two things while in a cave system. One was that metal ore takes many more swings to break, It starts off breaking as normal but the last 5-10 swings only give a couple of ore each hit. Also I noticed that mining helmets consume no LGF but candle hats do. I just thought it was odd that they didn't both act the same.

• 1 month later...

Death, please, people really need bigger map or limit for buildings and queries and especially to tc's just in the field, which block base building and aren't really needed by their owners. I returned to server tomorrow and spent all evening to find place to build and at the end build on the far down corner of the map just because cannot find good place. Thanks.

• Like 1

I agree with @Intriguer if the server can handle it a bigger map would be better for next wipe.

There are other things we could do to mitigate clutter and keep land available. I have a massive structure footprint myself and probably could do some things to reduce that. 

This Wipe.

1. Mid Wipe Cleanup Event. - I notice that a lot of people will start with a smaller base at the beginning of the wipe and then later move to a much larger construction. What we could do is encourage players to remove unused bases they may have built in an evening event perhaps with presents/drops. Admins could go around and remove twig structures and bases owned by people who were banned from the server. 

2. Teaming Up with people you know. - Some of us have zero interest in griefing or stealing. I have three bases. A small one by the TrainYard, PigeonMart and Componentland. I know some of you are in the same position as me maybe we don't need so maybe bases and/or some of us could share suiport locations. 

3. Suiport Hotel / Bases - We could construct communal buildings near monuments and offer beds / lockers to anyone. Reducing the need for small suiport bases. A bed, door with lock, and /share on the locker would also eliminate the ability for a player to grief as only one person would need to have tc access. 

Next Wipe.

4. Restrict the length of Pipelines. - I personally really like the aesthetic of massive pipelines running across the map but they do take up a ton of room that could otherwise go to new players. 

5. Building in remote locations. - Nakeds only spawn in the beaches in the grasslands. If veteran players avoid these areas and keep megabuilds to the far north and far south the map should have more room for new players. Perhaps we could make it part of our etiquette as a community for veteran players not to build structures near these areas save for community center/hotel/freeboxes/shops and keep our main bases out of the east and west parts of the grasslands. 

jEIAxVD.png

6. Ban building on roads. - I have noticed in the previous months people generally respected the road and didn't build directly on it, this month however that's not so much the case. With the introduction of cars maybe we should have a rule banning building on roads. With tons of structures on the road the map can feel very cluttered. 

7. Bigger Map / Scouting/voting on a map. - So the current map is a pretty decent size but it seems this has been a fairly active month. If possible we should pick a larger map. We could also scout for next month's map. Playrust.io has a great map generator you just input the size and the seed and it outputs a map. What are your thoughts on scouting and voting on a map? I'm not sure how the map is currently picked.

• Like 6

Pigeon's ideas are great!!!  Just a couple more to add similar to the pipelines across the map:

1.  Large walled areas:  While I can understand how making a "Trump Wall" is amusing to the creator ... I don't think it's amusing to anyone else. It makes a map smaller by creating a non-desirable area to live in (except for the one who created it). 

2.  Long constructed walk-ways:  I actually think these look great. Unfortunately, the consume real estate for new players to build.  Maybe these could be limited to zones where building isn't really an option (like up a Rocky Mountain side)

I want to thank Death for some things he added this month:  pipes, the painting add-in and the removal tool.  All three of these have added another dimension to creativity for Survival and has promoted a community atmosphere. 

• Like 3

I am loving these suggestions!

I was wondering, if the spawn points are known (at least generally), there could be a sign put up that welcomes and alerts new players to the presence of the goodwill centres near the (insert closest monument/identifying vendor), or perhaps to the location where folks have begun to set up a 'town-like' centre as has been the case this month :)

Ditto what Crio said too, I have had so much fun with some of these changes, especially the opportunity to build the art gallery.  Whilst I apologise for spamming chat a little bit asking for contributions of late (:P), it is almost full of others work now and it's fab. Thank you so much for the sign mod :)  And the removal tool is heavenly!

Fyre

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Suggestion: What if on Thursday, a couple hours before the wipe, you spawn a bunch of Bradleys for everyone and we roll around fighting each other and demoing bases?

I've got a ton of good reasons why we should: 

1) It would give us something to do before the wipe.

2) Reason number 2...  look what I can do

3) Bradleys are awesome to drive.

4) It'll give a back story to this month's wipe and that's very necessary for Role playing proposes... I mean... really why would PigeonMart move it's headquarters to a new island if it wasn't destroyed in a tank battle or whatever.

5) We could destroy PigeonMart!

6) TANK BATTLES!

7) Bradleys are awesome to drive over stuff with. (not that same as reason 3)

8) Come onnnnnn.

9) Please!

10) Bradleys are awesome to shoot stuff with.

11) If we crash the server no biggie I'm sure you can turn it off and on again or something (i dunno)

12) Come onnnnnn.

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

• Death pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to put a suggestion in for the spearfishing mod, as someone who loves to consume cooked fish, to reduce the rate at which you can miss a fish. I would be entirely up for rebalancing the drops so there's still less chance of getting trout, but having 30+ misses in a row is soul-destroying.

• Like 1