Feedback & Suggestions

Death

8 minutes ago, Death said:

@Mister Bumbles Interesting idea, but unfortunately, it'll just add way too much additional work for admins so I can't justify making this change. Another simple solution would be to allow players to merge queries together upgrading their yield compacity every time another is stacked.

Well that WOULD be nice, but it wouldn't solve the issue of having to make multiple quarries to get a certain kind of materials.  I'm completely over-run with stone. It would almost be nice to have on/off switches on your quarries that allowed you to mine the HQM but not the stone :)

• 3 weeks later...

I  love the boats and I like driving the rivers to go get pumpkins and corn. 

But many of the waterways get blocked, I would like to treat the waterways like roads if you build a bridge make sure there is plenty of room to drive a boat through. Plus the other day someone had fenced a large area of the pumpkin patch part of the river. Blah

I would like to see half stairs and left turning stairs 

Right angle triangle foundation and floor. 

I would love to have a Jackhammer to complement my trusty chainsaw. I love the Chainsaw! 

For whatever reason I can't find or seem to buy a quarry this this cycle. I have a pumpjack and nothing to run, like being all dressed and nowhere to go.  Well my chainsaw is well fueled now. 

I have an idea that would be nice for VIP members.  VIP members get 1 air-drop per day.  But there are days when it's not possible to log in and use it.
Is there any way to make it so that when we log in and hit /vip ... that it will give us all the air-drops we did NOT get for the days we weren't able to log in?
The system automatically records when we DO use our VIP benefit, so it seems like it should be relatively easy for it to keep track of that.

Just a thought. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So after @crazy8s and I went for Brand and Heli a couple times tonight here's what we'd like to submit as feedback and suggestions :

Feedback:  Slightly better loot for Brad & Heli. From 12-16 boxes (2 heli, 2 brad) We had at least 1/4 (probably  closer to 1/3) were weapon attachments plus one crate from each kill contains just a single laptop or cctv camera.  One brad kill only had 2 boxes. So the feedback would be: it's still kinda fun to take them out but the loot makes it less rewarding, and after you've done this a couple times during the month it's not giving anything you "really want/need" in the game.

Suggestion: a Little more variety on loot for these. It doesn't have to be high-value items either.  Some high qual, maybe more weapons in general (even lower tier), or even more ammo or a rocket launcher.

Edited by Aurora
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After the last two wipes, I have noticed that people are building over and fencing in the pumpkin patches and corn crops near rivers.  Those are my favorite food high calories and stack well. If you grow the pumpkins they are rarely ever fully grown one way or another and they don't stack neither does corn.

Also the blocking of rivers, can rivers and waterways be treated like roads for boats. Build a bridge a boat can get under. 

• Staff

@kingdl1st Most streams don't connect to a body of water so the use of a boat is pointless other than just messing around. On top of that, it's very difficult to navigate a channel as well. I don't think we'd resort to that as building on streams is a very common practice. I'll leave this open for further thought.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, Aurora said:

So after @crazy8s and I went for Brand and Heli a couple times tonight here's what we'd like to submit as feedback and suggestions :

Feedback:  Slightly better loot for Brad & Heli. From 12-16 boxes (2 heli, 2 brad) We had at least 1/4 (probably  closer to 1/3) were weapon attachments plus one crate from each kill contains just a single laptop or cctv camera.  One brad kill only had 2 boxes. So the feedback would be: it's still kinda fun to take them out but the loot makes it less rewarding, and after you've done this a couple times during the month it's not giving anything you "really want/need" in the game.

Suggestion: a Little more variety on loot for these. It doesn't have to be high-value items either.  Some high qual, maybe more weapons in general (even lower tier), or even more ammo or a rocket launcher.

Totes late reply but yeah. Loot from heli almost makes it not worth it sometimes. Having your tower blown up 4 times in a row for a targeting computer and weapon attachments doesn't seem rewarding

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you.

I was running from the patrol copter and rubber banded out of the server, I guess I got killed. I had to restart my computer and went to bed. I just logged in and I am stripped of all my inventory and it was a bit much can it be restored? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've discussed some ideas with other players.  We do not know the feasibility of these ideas but expressed interested in each one.

Craft-able quarry

- Only if the required materials are able to be altered.

- 500,000 wood, 500,000 stone, 3-5k HQM, 3-5k sulfur, 50-60 gears, 300-500scrap.

- From stories, I've heard quarries were litter when craft-able.  What was the required materials?  This gives high end players an end goal.  Just a thought.

Wood-based production (Quarry equivalent)

- Is this strictly a game/physics issue or is a mod available?  Would require stone for fuel.  Giving high-end players an actual outlet for the millions of stone per quarry every wipe.

Excess Stone

- Alternate recipes, very low drop rate.

- Allow large amounts of stone to be crafted into certain crafting items (tarp, metal pipe, etc).

- Lack of utility for any raw resource leaves a sour taste in our work ethic.

Sincerely,

Skipping!

Suggestion!

Now I didn't notice it, but it doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned or outright said; and I know this would be something much lower on the priority list of things to do. But is there any kind of plugin available that would have to do with a "gun skill" like mining and skinning and the like? I'd like to think it's a much more capped skill though, as having to high a skill may become game breaking against the helicopter.

I'd really love to see 2 week map wipes.  Keep bp's monthly but just the map.  After the first couple weeks or so, I uually have everything I need/want & I've built everything I want to build.  I know some people put MANY hours into pretty fantastic builds & they probably wouldn't want to see them go after a couple weeks.  But I've played other servers with 2 week, & some weekly map wipes & I really like knowing that I've got new stuff to do & build every few weeks.  Again I know some folks spend way more time on complex builds than me, build usually the last week or 2 of wipe I find myself jumping to different servers just to have something new to do.  So there's my $0.2

-Red

Edited by curveball4
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

Noticed an issue with Diving tanks and Stacks+. When you refill a diving tank at a workbench and stack it with an unused, undamaged one, it results in both of them becoming unused and undamaged, I'd assume the only solution to this is to not allow them to stack?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 3/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, Simuuun said:

Noticed an issue with Diving tanks and Stacks+. When you refill a diving tank at a workbench and stack it with an unused, undamaged one, it results in both of them becoming unused and undamaged, I'd assume the only solution to this is to not allow them to stack?

Thanks for pointing that out. I've opened an issue and will investigate and apply fixes as needed.

@curveball4 A bi-weekly wipe schedule is not that appealing for PvE and is something I'm pretty against. I know it gets boring after a while which is why we provide multiple game modes you can switch back and forth from. :)

@SlamifiedBuddafied Scaling player damage will be chaotic when trying to balance custom core mechanics to dynamic values. Something I don't think I'll consider in the near future. I am considering a "survival" skill that will reduce durability on items though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 12:08 AM, Reisa said:

I dont think I have suggested this before but a vote option to skip night time. I has been an very popular idea lately and sometimes night time is just really inconvenient 

i love this idea i’ll back you on this!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Got a couple for you: 

Craftable/Somehow-obtainable Square Lights (Simple Lights as marked in store) once Facepunch gets their shit together and actually finishes them. (We talked about this one evening and that's what you said. I've seen them in use on @theattackchef's base thing, and helped him with the wiring this wipe, and they work VERY nicely. Ceiling lights in their current state are unusable for anything but massive buildings with multiple floors, and making these small lights available to everyone to use in place of them would be very nice. 

Re-introduce the infinite fuel on Tuna Can Lamps from a couple years ago (but not for Spotlights) as a means of providing outside area lighting until the Square Lights are properly released into the wild. Again, outdoor (and in general) lighting at the moment is pretty much unworkable and this would be a decent quick-fix just until Facepunch gets themselves together and gives us the Square Lights. Seems like in place of any kind of lighting a LOT of people are switching to using dozens and dozens of christmas lights, and that just looks terrible. Plus, I haven't found a good method of lighting my helipad yet.

EDIT: Another one I've just thought of, but still unlikely for implementation:

Cap Shop for low-value/holiday/normally unobtainable items e.g. Square Lights, Door Closers, Fogger-5000s, Graveyard fences, small shelves, fishing rods, that sort of thing.

This last one I'm not really sure about, but I'll test the waters and throw it to the wind and see if anyone else likes it:

Enable the JPipes Christmas Lights on pipes config option so as to prevent bad things happening to people who fly close to the ground near a quarry with a lot of piping around it

Edited by DJ Arghlex

12 hours ago, Great Scotch said:

Step 1  -  Photo contests!

Step 2  -  Some ideas are say: the best rust sunset, Funniest zombie pose/position, most fire on screen, "Show us the most Rust thing ever", Creepiest night shots.

Step 3  -  Prizes

Might just put a ton of content into the forums ;)

Love this idea! :)

• Love 2